Access the iForge Tool from any Mac / Windows PC or Chromebook by going to: https://iforge.genlrn.com
iPad Users can program a Bluno Board with the Bluno Blox App
Drag programming blocks from the toolbox categories on the left into the workspace.
Click the upload button to compile your program and flash it to your Arduino board.
Click the Login button and register an account to save your work in the cloud.
In order to send compiled code from the web browser to the Arduino board, you must be sure that the appropriate plugin is installed.
- Mac and PC Users must install the Arduino Create for iForge plugin
- Chromebook Users must install the iForge Chrome App
- iPad users will need to use a Bluno board and should use the Bluno Blox app to program that board.
Common Issues and Questions
Arduino Uno with Laptop / Chromebook
Occasional glitches can often be resolved by restarting the web browser and restarting the Arduino board.
In order for iForge to work correctly, the iForge plugin will need to be installed from the chrome web store.
Error: Couldn’t find an Arduino to program —
This error occurs when the web browser plugin can’t communicate with the Arduino board.
- Be sure that the board is plugged in via usb
- Be sure that the USB drivers are installed (for Genuine Arduino boards) or the FTDI drivers are installed for Redboard or Arduino clones. USB Drivers are installed automatically when the Arduino IDE is installed and the board is plugged in.
Timeout during upload (exceeded 400 ms) —
This error can occur when code has compiled successfully but only partially uploads to the board. Once this has happened, no additional sketches will be able to be uploaded from the iForge plugin.
- To clear the corrupted code on the board, you can upload a blank sketch from the Arduino IDE.
- To resolve the issue for future uploads, look for issues with the sketch, particularly with arguments that use variable names that have been deleted or changed in functions.
Other questions not covered here? Email us — email@example.com.